In The Birdwoman's Palate (Publication Date: 1 February 2018), Aruna is an independent, sharp-edged epidemiologist dedicated to food and avian politics. To her, one represents heaven, the other earth. The two passions ...
Great literature lights our way and helps us to understand distant worlds; the best books make us part of those worlds - with all their horror, as well as their resplendence and intelligence. That's the kind of literature that Laksmi Pamuntjak writes.
- Jose Eduardo Agualusa, for "Amba/The Question of Red
Laksmi’s third novel in German, “Herbstkind” (Berlin: Ullstein Verlag) will be published in Germany on 11 May 2018. It is the sequel of “Alle Farben Rot.
The English translation of Laksmi’s second novel, “The Birdwoman’s Palate,” by Tiffany Tsao (US Pub date: 1 February 2018) is now available at Aksara Bookstore in Jakarta, select bookstores in the US, and Amazon.
Laksmi's latest poetry and prose collection, "There Are Tears In Things: Collected Poems and Prose (2001-2016) by Laksmi Pamuntjak" (Publication Date: 3 OCTOBER 2017) is available at Gramedia and Aksara Bookstore outlets in Jakarta, at BooksActually in Singapore, and at Amazon.com
The US version of the English translation of Laksmi Pamuntjak's acclaimed first novel "Amba: The Question of Red," (American release: 12 JULY 2016), is available at Gramedia and Aksara Bookstores in Jakarta, Kinokuniya Singapore, at Booksactually in Singapore, at select bookstores in the UK and in the US, and through Amazon.com
The German translation of the novel, "Alle Farben Rot" won the LiBeraturpreis in 2016.
The Indian Subcontinent version of "The Question of Red" is available from Speaking Tiger Publishing House in bookstores in the Indian Subcontinent.
• The English translation of Laksmi’s second novel, “The Birdwoman’s Palate,” by Tiffany Tsao (US Pub date: 1 February 2018) is now available at Amazon.
. The Indian version of the English translation of "Amba: The Question of Red" (Publication Date: 17 NOVEMBER 2016) is available from Speaking Tiger in bookstores in the Indian Subcontinent.
• The US version of the English translation of "Amba: The Question of Red" (Publication Date: 12 JULY 2016) is now available at Amazon.com
• "Amba: The Question of Red," available in German under the title "Alle Farben Rot" (Berlin: Ullstein Verlag, 2015)
• "Amba: The Question of Red," available in Dutch under the title "Amba of De Kleur van Rood" (Amsterdam: Xander Uitgevers, 2015)
• Laksmi's second novel, "Aruna dan Lidahnya, is available in every Gramedia outlets and major bookstores in Indonesia (Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2014)
• The latest edition of the Indonesian (revised) version of "Amba," has a wonderful new cover now! Available in every Gramedia outlet and major bookstores in Indonesia (Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2017).
Janklow & Nesbit Associates
285, Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017
T. (1) 212-421-1700;211
Shreve Williams Public Relations, LLC
FOREIGN RIGHTS AGENT
Cullen Stanley International
T. (1) 917-677-4073
Nicole Dewey (US)
M. (1) 929-213-1172
Christine Heinrich (Germany)
Head of Press and Communication
Ullstein Buchverlage GmbH
D 10117 BERLIN
T. (49) 30-2345-6433
For inquiries, please write to:
Media Manager at email@example.com